Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What do my classmates think of our legal system

What do my classmates think of the legal system? I would dare to say that my classmates are cynical towards our legal system. Wow! I was right! “The whole thing is such a big mess that I think the only real solution is to wipe the slate clean and start over, however that would include massive devastation that would cost millions of dollars and possibly lives. Knowing that the legal system is flawed, go and find the holes and let it work out to your benefit.” ( http://c2animtions.blogspot.com/) William Cross

I just don’t understand it. I think our legal system is doing a sufficient job. Not great or above and beyond, but certainly sufficient. As long as I do not see guns in the pants of a young man at the grocery store, or a father give his son a straight right for asking for a new video game, or even seeing everybody speed on the 215 I think we are hanging on to the right ideas. Isn’t that what the law is supposed to do! I thought it was meant to keep our functions within a particular boundary.

Now with respect to our public officials I will agree that some people dictating and enforcing law are corrupt. So what? If I worked at a fast food joint and stole a cheeseburger wouldn’t I be considered corrupt? “It feels like the bad guys are always getting the upper hand.” (http://fashionvsstyle-jackie.blogspot.com/) Jaqueline Hernandez. Yes, yes the bad guys are getting the upper hand. I believe it is our responsibility as law abiding citizens to do our best to support those in power to do good things. That means voting!

Otherwise everyone would feel like this guy… “Where it tends to be corrupt is in the upper hierarchy where the money you have, the better representation you can receive. It is no secret that well respected and top lawyers have gained a sort of respect and or business type of relationship with a judicial committee in his or her county.” (http://sincidkid24.blogspot.com/) Andrew Veliz

No comments:

Post a Comment